DOON INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, DEHRADUN
Know More About Your School
- Grade- Nursery level to Class XII
- Registration Dates- Registration starts from the month of October
- Entrance Exam Dates- School decides the final dates for entrance exam after registrations are done
- Session Starts From- April
- Average Student/ Class- Not more than 22 students per section
- Registration Fee -Rs. 5500/- (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- Admission Fee -Rs. 30000/- (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- Hostel -School has well facilitated separate hostel for Boys and Girls. Trained staff members, including a housemistress and a housemaster, along with a whole range of support staff ensure that the needs of our pupils are fully met. At the junior level, students stay in dormitory style accommodation and senior classes are provided shared rooms. Airport Pick up and drop facilities from the New Delhi Airport on arrival and departure is available
- Transportation -School transport is available on request. School decides the transport fee as per the distance from school campus
- Teaching Staff -School has a highly qualified and experienced staff. Teachers’ skills are updated with in house training programs and various external workshops. The school is committed to increasing its teacher development programmes, both academic and non-academic
- Classroom -School offers digitally equipped classrooms
- Subjects -The curriculum includes English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science, Social Sciences, Arts, Music, and a third language
- Computer Lab -A modern computer room with Pentium computers
- Library -A well-equipped library with variety of books available on various subjects
- Science Laboratory -State of the art science laboratories
- Campus -Good security arrangements cover all areas inside the campus
- Playground -School has sport facilities available for Athletics, Basketball, Cricket, Badminton, Volleyball, Skating, Taekwondo, Yoga, Chess, Carom, Horse ng, Soccer, Aerobics, Gymnastics, Table Tennis and Gym
- Cafeteria -Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals are served in School dining room
- Medical Facilities - School has a resident medical assistant, a doctor on daily visit and several medical specialists for expert medical care and advice. School keeps a detailed record of the medical history of each student and appropriate medical care is provided as and when required
- Extracurricular Activities -The students are trained to play various Indian and Western musical instruments and are also taught Indian & Western Vocal Music. Students are taught to draw, paint and create unique craft work using different mediums, materials and techniques. School's Eco Club is abuzz with activities like awareness drives, tree plantation drives, cleanliness drives and recycling projects etc. DIS's coveted Quiz Team has won a number of prestigious Quiz Competitions at the State as well as at the National leve
- Counselling -Students get opportunities to connect with mentors through our Career Counselling and Life-skills Programmes, run by qualified professional teams
- Birth certificate in original (for play group to KG Class) along with a photocopy.
- Transfer Certificate from previous school (Class 1st onwards) duly signed by Principal & Countersigned by Dist. Education Officer of the area.
- Character Certificate (Class VIII th Onwards)
- Migration Certificate (for Class XI & XII)
- Medical Fitness Certificate including Blood Group (For Boarders only)
- Two copies of photograph size 3 cm.x2.5 cm
- Applications for admission for Boarders must ordinarily reach the school latest by March 1 in the year that admission is sought.
- Once the offer of admission has been made, foreign nationals would need to contact their local Indian Embassy/Consulate along with the letter of admission to obtain a student visa which is essential for studying in India
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FEE STRUCTURE
- The fee for the entire year is payable in advance for the first year. Thereafter (i.e. after completion of one year, the fee can be paid in two, half-yearly installments) as per school rules and regulations.
- Fees can be paid either by cash at the school's Accounts Office or by Demand Draft / Bank Transfer/RTGS in Favor of DOON INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, Dehradun. Please Mention the Scholar Name and Number While Depositing the Fee at the Bank. Parents must Email the Account Manager at DIS.PARIMAHAL7@GMAIL.COM after Depositing the Fee.
Doon International Educational Society offers limited part scholarships/bursaries to students on a need cum merit basis. Parents of children who have been offered admission to the school may apply for scholarships/bursaries by writing in confidence to the Principal along with evidence of merit/need
If a new student is withdrawn or does not join before the start of the academic year i.e. 01st April, Registration and Admission fee shall be forfeited in favour of the school and balance will be refunded. Uniform/books fee shall be refunded proportionately depending upon the services/items availed. In case of withdrawal after the start of the academic session, entire term’s fee shall be charged /forfeited in favour of the school. Before withdrawing it is mandatory to give a minimum of 3 months’ notice in writing (only on the prescribed format available on the school website/admission office). The withdrawal form should be filled only by the parent and be submitted to the admission office only. No verbal/ telephonic intimation will be entertained. School Leaving certificate (Transfer Certificate) will be issued only after clearance of dues and payment of amount(s) in favour of the school.