KASIGA SCHOOL, DEHRADUN
Know More About Your School
- Grade- Class III to Class XII
- Registration Dates- November and December
- Entrance Exam Dates- January and February
- Session Starts From- April
- Average Student/ Class- Not more than 25 students per class
- Registration Fee -Rs. 15,000/- for Indian students and USD 500 for International students (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- Admission Fee -Rs. 1,00,000/- for Indian students and USD 1,500 for International students (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- Hostel -School has separate hostel facilities for boys and girls. At Kasiga, each room houses 6-8 children who live like a close-knit family. The bathroom, toilet and balcony are attached. Hot water is provided using solar energy electrical geyser. Each student is provided with a bed box, cupboard, a writing table, chair, individual celling light and book case and 2-pin boards. For each boarding house an experienced House Master, assisted by two tutors and a House Parent provide direction, care and affectionate personal attention to the needs of each child
- Transportation -N/A
- Teaching Staff -Most of our teachers live on the campus and are actively involved in the extra and co-curricular activities that are an intrinsic part of the daily routine. Be it on the sports field, the sphere of publications or debates, teachers take an active interest and share a healthy rapport with the students. Every teacher is assigned a tutorial group of about eight to ten students. The interaction with this group goes beyond the usual facilitator's role, and the students benefit immensely from this mentoring program
- Classroom -All classrooms are well-furnished and specious with latest digital equipment for audio and video teaching content
- Subjects -Students of Class XI and XII have a choice between the Science and Commerce streams and choose three Science or three Commerce electives. For Science, these are Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science/Information Technology and Fine Arts. For Commerce, these are Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics and Computer Science/Information Technology and Mathematics. Students can choose Chinese, Spanish and Arabic as a third language option
- Computer Lab -Well-equipped Math Lab, A Computer Lab with latest software and hardware and The Design & Technology Labs at Kasiga School provide a broad based exposure to various aspects - basic CAD design, Aero modelling, Electronics, Woodworking, Paper craft, Glass work and Model making are all activities that are available to the students. Students are involved in projects on Architectural modelling, Science concept demonstrations, Paper - Balsa wood gliders, Metal work (including soldering and basic low temperature alloy castings), decorative woodwork, glass etching and musical instrument modelling
- Library -A well-equipped library with variety of books available on various subjects. The library is fully computerized which help students locate books quickly and easily.
- Science Laboratory -Separate Physics, Chemistry & Biology Lab
- Campus -Kasiga School is affiliated with CBSE and the University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). Its pollution-free campus consists of a well-equipped and functional Academic block, a modern Hostel, immaculately clean Mess, an international sized cricket field, and much more. It provides a harmonious ambience where there is no discrimination on the basis of nationality, religion, region or caste.
- Playground -Basketball Court, twin Tennis Courts, a Soccer/Hockey field, Cricket Practice nets, volley-ball, table-tennis and chess
- Cafeteria -The dining hall is spacious and well planned. All meals, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian, are planned by our Dietary Consultant keeping in mind the nutritional and dietary needs of growing children. Separate cooking and cleaning area is used for vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. School closely inspect the Catering facilities to ensure quality, nutrition and hygiene. The menus are not fixed and are changed fortnightly. The kitchen is well equipped with modernized equipment
- Medical Facilities - The school infirmary is headed by a full time, qualified, residential Hospital Sister who lives on campus and is on 24-hour call. She has at her service experienced Medical Assistants as well as state of the art medical equipment. In addition, the school has ensured the daily supervisory presence of one of Dehradun's prominent physicians. In case of dental or eyesight related problem the school ensures visit to the best specialist in town
- Extracurricular Activities -Art and Craft, Dance, Music, Design and Tehnology, Dramatics, Eco Club, Photography, a 10m Air Pistol Shooting Gallery, an Athletic field and the Yoga Pavilion
- Counselling -Kasiga’s career counselling cell organise various career workshops and counselling sessions for individual students or groups that covers the ability to recognize interests, aptitudes, and their relevance in making career decisions
- The application form (signed by both parents)
- The latest health report of the student in prescribed form certified by medical officer
- The original transfer certificate form from the school last attended
- A photocopy of the birth certificate attested by an appropriate authority
- Six (6) passport size photograph of the student
- Two (2) passport size photographs each of the parent
- One (1) postcard size photograph of the family
- One (1) passport size photograph of local guardian
- Indemnity bond (signed by both parents) in the prescribed format
- Medical release forms I & II
- A photocopy of ward’s mark sheet of the previous school
The completed Application Form may be deposited with the Admissions Office, accompanied with a payment of Rs 15,000/- as Registration Fee.
Children who are registered will appear for a written assessment in Jan/Feb each year. Please check website for announcement of dates.
- The written assessment is a general one covering English, Mathematics, Science and Hindi.
- Questions will be based on the syllabus of the class that the child is currently in
- Syllabus for the Entrance assessment is available on the website.
- After the written assessment, there will be an interaction of the parents and child with the Principal and the Admissions Committee.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FEE STRUCTURE
School Fees are payable in either of the Following way -
- In Cash at the School Office or any branch of Punjab National Bank. by deposit slips issued by the School. Parents must call on +91-9917480017 or email on email@example.com, after depositing the fee.
- Annual Tuition Fee to be deposited in Kasiga School Bank A/c and the rest in Kaisiga School Hostel Division A/c
- The parent can also deposit the fee through Demand Drafts/ Cheques (RTGS ONLY), payable in Dehradun in favour of "Kasiga School” for Tuition Fee and "Kasiga School Hostel Division" for rest of the fee.
NOTE - Cheque returned for non-payment on any account, shall invite an immediate penalty of Rs. 2,000/-
FEE RULES -
- The Fee amounts are subject to revision. as advised by the School and Management, from time to time.
- Parents are requested to pay the Fee before the due date. Payment after the due date shall entail a fine of 2% per month on the amount of arrears. Non-payment of dues and fine within 3 months from the due date. shall lead to child's name being struck off the rolls of the School
- Once the student has been accepted for admission all payments are to be made immediately to confirm the admission.
- The submission of 'Application for Registration' Form and Registration fee does not guarantee admission.
- A sibling discount of 10% on Annual Boarding and Tuition fee is granted to the younger sibling as long as an elder sibling is a student of Kasiga School.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD WITHDRAWL FORM
- If the student is withdrawn or does not join before the start of the academic year i.e. 01st April in case of CBSE and is' July in case of AS & A Level, Registration, Admission and Establishment Fee shall be forfeited in favour of the school and balance will be refunded.
- If the student joins the School and is withdrawn before 30th April, a per day fees for the duration of his/her stay and three-month extra fee shall be charged/forfeited in the favour of the school and balance will be refunded. Registration Fee, Admission Fee and Establishment fee will not be refunded.
- If the student is withdrawn after 30th April, (irrespective of his/her date of joining, i.e. before or after 30th April), whole year fee shall be charged / forfeited in favour of the school.
- In case the student is admitted in Class AS/A Level and withdrawn before 31st July, a per day fees for the duration of his/her stay and three month extra fee shall be charged/forfeited in the favour of the school and balance will be refunded. Registration charges, Admission Fee and Establishment Fee will not be refunded in this case. In case of withdrawal after 3r-t July, (irrespective of his/her date of joining, i.e. before or after 31" July), whole year fee shall be charged /forfeited in favour of the school.
- Notice for withdrawal should be submitted to the Principal's office (only in the prescribed format available on the school website/admission office/ admission booklet) prior to the end of the academic year i.e. latest by 31st December in case of CBSE & IGCSE students and in case of AS/A level students by 31st March.
- If the withdrawal notice is given after the above mentioned dates for withdrawal, three months fees shall be charged extra.
- In case of withdrawal any time after the commencement of the academic year i.e. 1st April in case of CBSE & IGCSE and is 1st July in case of AS/A Level, the fees for full year shall be charged/forfeited in favour of the school.
- School Leaving Certificate (Transfer Certificate) will be issued only after clearance of all dues of the school.
- The Withdrawal Form in the prescribed format (available on the school website/admission office/admission booklet) should be filled only by the parent and be submitted to the Admission Office only. The receiving date (at school) of original copy of duly filled and signed withdrawal form will be treated as final date of withdrawal. No verbal/ telephonic/ e-mail intimation will be entertained.
- The decision of the Principal in this respect is final.